Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

This has become a bitter-sweet holiday for me. I love that we are going from one year to another (even though this holiday seems to come faster every year), but it comes with a memory I would really like to forget. I feel like this is a good sounding board for me so here it goes.

It is 1:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 and I am in tears. Even though I just spent an awesome evening with Steve, Julie, Nick, Tyler and Haley, I can't help to think about the loss that we suffered a few years ago. As we cheers'd in the new year with cider and champagne I started to cry. I miss Daryl. And I hate that he had to leave us the way he did. It makes me mad that we will never be able to talk to him again or see him again. I hate that he will never meet his beautiful grandchildren.

Yes, I have had a couple cocktails and I am feeling extra emotional, but they always say your true feelings show when you have been drinking.

I love you Daryl and I hope to see you again someday!!!!

1 comment:

K Schimmy said...

I thought about the same thing last night at about 10:45... was that when you were crying, because I was too! I was also thinking about 2008 and what a roller coaster it was... to lose Grandpa and Grandma in the same year that our family added three babies. I did too much crying in 2008, let's see if 2009 will be different!